Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baseball

Little Man has been playing baseball since he was 5.
He is 11 now.
6 years.
4 years of travel ball play.

I have always loved going to his practice and games.
Until this year.

This year I would rather stay at home.
The Man agrees.
Little man even agrees.

You see, last year we played with a great team.
No, we didn't win every game, but they had fun.
They learned.


That is Little Man!  ^^^^^            

This year, Little Man is like a 'show pony'.
He only plays when they *need* the win.

I don't mean to brag, hell, yes I do!
Little Man is one HELLA ball player.
He can play any position.
He was starting pitcher last year.
He can play behind the plate.
He can catch a pop fly and throw out home.

The kid has an arm on him.

He was begged to come play for the team this year.
We paid $700 for him to play.

I would eat that $700 just for him to be happy again.
His speed has gone down.
His power has gone down.
He gets upset if they lose.

We encourage him and tell him that it's not his fault,
but the way they use him, he feels it is.

Example:
Bottom on the 6th.
[In this age group, that is the last inning.]
Bases loaded.
1 out.
2-0 count.
They pull the pitcher and put in Little Man.

Is that fair???
I don't think it is.
Don't put all that pressure on my 11 year old.

This weekend, we play in Charlotte.
It's about a 2 hour drive from our house,
so we will be paying $110 for a hotel room.

If shit isn't different this weekend,
I just may be eating that $700.

Photobucket

No comments: