Thursday, January 7, 2016

Foot Injury, Surgery And Recovery {Graphic Pictures}

September 10th, 2015 was a normal day until around 8pm.
Around that time, we went over to the house next door, where my husbands brother used to live. He had told us that what ever he left we were welcome to have.

We went over and I sliced my foot opened on a thick piece of glass

This was right after they cleaned it in the ER.
The on call orthopedic wasn't sure what to do, so he stitched it up and gave me a referral.

When I went to see Dr. Hewitt a few days later, he told me that I had cut all but one tendon and nerve in my foot. He scheduled me for surgery a few days later.


This was after my first surgery. 
Notice how my foot is bent in?
I fell and tore the tendons apart again.

If you do't know, nerves can't be stitched back together, they have to grow back.

I went into my second surgery October 15th.
He repaired the damage again, and put me in the hospital for 2 days.

I came home on a wound vacuum.
{That sucks out any fluid, infection and closed the hole left in my foot.
There was no skin to stitch together.


I was on the wound vacuum from October 15th until November 20th.
A nurse had to come out 3 times a week and change the dressing and put on a new tube.


Nasty, huh?

I was put on a walker and given a portable potty so I wouldn't have to walk far.
Pretty classy for a 34 year old, huh?

A few weeks ago, my doctor put me on a cane, but only when someone was with me.
{I have a pink one, duh!}

Right now, my foot still hurts, I can't bend it very far up and pointing it hurts, but not as much.
Yesterday, I went back and was given permission to drive and the scheduled my first Physical Therapy appointment for the 14th.

I know its going to hurt, since he gave me some 'Pre PT stretches' to do.
They suck!

Now, my scar looks pretty awful. It changes colors from black to purple to red.
I don't have a picture of that on my MacBook, yet, 
You can see it on my Instagram Page.
My username is justjenn68

I'll update again after I see my Physical Therapist. 

See y'all soon!
Jenn

No comments: