Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Book Review!! "Where Yesterday Lives" - Karen Kingsbury

Per the back cover -

"At thirty-one, Ellen Barrett has already won a Pulitzer prize. Sadly, though, her skill as a journalist far surpasses her ability to sort out her troubled past. When she returns to picturesque Petoskey, Michigan, for her beloved father's funeral, it's an emotional and spiritual journey for Ellen'a rediscovery of what is truly important and eternal."


If I were the type to rate a book, this one would get an A+++++++++!!
But I'm not that type, so nevermind.

When I sat down to read this Saturday night, around 8 o'clock, I planned to read for an hour and then go work on a few things on the computer. That never happened.

The only thing I left that chair for was a box of tissues,
about 6 pages in.

Karen Kingsbury found a way to put me in the story like no other author has ever done.

I finished this Sunday night around 7, and all the tears I cried seemed like wasted ones. It's hard to explain why, but if you read it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

So,
I'm sorry, John Sandford,
 but you're back on the shelf
until I read every Karen Kingsbury book
I can get my hands on!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Shell said...

Your comment about a fairy dying is hilarious!!!!!

Anyway, I love Kingsbury books.