Thursday, September 16, 2010

RESPONSIBILITY

Little Man's school is doing something a little different this year. They are learning about a word each month of the school year. It seemed kinda crazy to me that they would do this, since they aren't even teaching CURSIVE anymore!?!?


After thinking about it though, I said to myself, self, [and yes, I really say that, especially when I'm talking out loud and there are people around. It's funny! Try it! and Don't Judge!] this months word is Responsibility. What are you ALWAYS trying to instill in Little Man and Monkey? Taking RESPONSIBILITY for their actions! DUH!

Proverbs 28: 13-14 says "A man who refuses to admit his mistakes can never be successful. But if he confesses and forsakes them, he gets another chance. Blessed is the man who reveres God, but the man who doesn’t care is headed for serious trouble."

Every day, when Little Man gets home from school, he is supposed to give the 2 dogs that spend their day outside fresh water, and walk and water the 2 that stay inside during the day. He has not been doing that. And he has been lying to me saying that he has. Yesterday, I put a leaf in the bottom of each dog bowl, inside and out. After I got home, I asked if he has watered the dogs and he said yes. I go check, and the leafs are bone dry.

His punishment? He has to do his laundry from now on. I'll help him until he gets the hang of it, but from yesterday on, I will no longer be doing his laundry. He will be loading his clothes in the washer, adding detergent, starting the washer, setting the timer, moving them to the dryer, setting the timer, cleaning the lint filter, removing his clothes from the dryer, folding and putting away his laundry!

Little Man is in 5th grade. I think that this will help make him more responsible. He has to have clean clothes, right?
Photobucket

No comments: