Thursday, January 19, 2012

Scampi with Shrimp

Shrimp.

Even typing the word makes me hungry.


I posted this a few months ago,
but didn't put the recipe....... I know, I know!!

But, I'm back now with the recipe. I have also pinned it.

Enjoy.

Ingredients ~
 linguine
1/4 stick butter
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
half a head of peeled garlic
1 can anchovy
3 medium sized tomatoes
half a bag of fresh spinach
fresh basil sprigs
1 tblsp sugar
splash dry white wine (optional)
1 – 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp
pepper to taste

Directions ~

Melt butter in pan
Add oil
Add anchovies
Crush garlic and add
Cook on medium
Roughly cut tomatoes
Add to pan
Add pepper
Add sugar
Add spinach and basil
Cook until wilted
Add wine, if you want to. [I didn't.]
Add shrimp
Cook until shrimp turn white
Add cooked linguine and mix well to cover [I add about 1/4 cup of pasta water]

Serves 4-6 people. Leftovers are AWESOME!!
The anchovies may scare you, but once they are mealted down,
there is no fishy flavor. Just a great salty taste that can't be changed.
I hope you LOVE IT!!!

No comments: